Serves 4–6 people
- 20g Butter melted
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Light soy sauce
- 2.6-3.5kg Goose
- 50ml Vegetable oil
- 20g Plain flour
Fruit & nut stuffing
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 100g Chicken giblets, finely chopped
- 75g Onion, finely chopped
- 50g Celery stalk, finely chopped
- 75g Green apple, finely chopped
- 40g Frozen chestnuts nuts, chopped
- 35g Roasted silvered almonds
- 35g Dried cranberry, chopped
- 45g Chopped raisins, chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh mint, finely chopped
- 50g Stale breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- Heat half the oil in medium saucepan, coat giblets in flour and cook, stirring until brown. Drain and set giblets aside. Add remaining oil to pan, cook onion and celery, stirring until soft. Add apple and nuts, cook stirring until lightly browned. Remove from heat stir in giblets, apricots, raisins, mint and breadcrumbs. Cool before stuffing the goose
- Combine butter, honey and sauce in a small bowl, brush mixture over inside and outside of goose. Fill goose with the stuffing seasoning, secure opening with skewers. Tie legs together, tuck wings under goose. Prick skin to release fat during roasting.
- Place in roasting pan on a wire rack breast side up and cover with baking paper and foil. Roast for 60 minutes, remove foil and baking paper. Roast for another 60 minutes until cooked. Goose is cooked when a meat thermometer reaches 74˚C at the thigh/breast joint.